Saturday 15 August 2015

DT inspiration for Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends C#16 - Anything goes

 Hello again (waving)
Our fabulous sponsors for this challenge are....

Sherri Baldy 'Besties' digi stamps (click on pic for store link)with a prize of 
3 images chosen from what the DT's used which are pictured below.

The other sponsor is Michele R Designs (click on pic for store link)
Offering a prize of 10 Euro gift voucher to spend on her gorgeous digital papers and elements.

Now onto my Design inspiration :)
I chose image number 3 to colour in with Polychromos pencils from Sherri Baldy. 
Michele R Designs was kind enough for the DT's to use her Shabby Vintage Rose digital papers and elements collection. I used Shabby Vintage Rose 7 for my base patterned paper and Shabby Vintage Rose 1, for the patterned paper framed around the stamp.
The bunting is also part of the Shabby Rose Collection and I sized it to fit my card front , printed it out, fussy cut it out then stuck it on the front as you can see.
The piece of patterned paper on an angle with the rose in the corner is also a digital paper from the collection called Shabby Vintage Rose 9.
The twine I have tied in cute bows at the end of the bunting is from Angie over at Whimsy Farm Twine.
              
So that was the card front now the inside.
I have made a book fold card this time around. It folds reasonably flat but looks great when it is opened up. 
Here is a template that I found on Pinterest that you may find easy enough to follow otherwise there are dozens of templates if you search in google images.
So I used the same patterned papers that I used on the front. I added another element from the Shabby Vintage Rose collection, a little postcard. I resized it to make sure it would fit nicely, printed it, cut it out and stuck it onto some cardstock and roughed up the edges a bit. 

 A view from the top so you can see all the snazzy folds :)

Well I hope I have inspired you to get out some pencils and your printer to design a wonderful card all of your own. 
Thanks for dropping by and don't forget to enter the challenge over at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends
You can also follow me on Instagram at www.instagram.com/ericabruton.

I will be entering this card into the following challenges


8 comments:

  1. Stunning Erica, love the added tutorial, and definetly something I will have to try and make thanks for sharing. Your image is coloured beautifully and love the MRD's that you used, well done xx
    ~ Denise ~
    Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is gorgeous Erica, love the soft colours you chose & the embellishments are so pretty
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is gorgeous Erica, love the soft colours you chose & the embellishments are so pretty
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is a beautiful card! Thanks for joining in with A Gem of Challenge this time!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous project!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Di's Digis and I hope you'll join us again- our new challenge is on right now!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete